The "Thank you" thread
Allard
Posted 24/7/2009 16:53 (#15274)
Subject: The "Thank you" thread

I would like to start a new thread, where anyone who wants to thank anyone (organisers, webmasters etc.) can leave their bit.
Let me be the first to kick off.

Have a look at the number of hits on these few threads in this forum. Well over 4000! And it is not over yet. It shows that there is a need for information all over the world. And I consider this the first time this need is fulfilled. So I think compliments are in order for the big effort to make this happen. Results, pictures videos. Look at the expressions on the face of Eloise. The cameras are right where the action is with a good sense of drama and humor alike. Its like being there.

Let this be the benchmark for future organizers of championships (or even World Cup competitions....). Well done and a big thank you for letting us be part of the experience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Site Sponsormy ad code here...
Peter Brocks
Posted 24/7/2009 18:10 (#15277 - in reply to #15274)
Subject: RE: The "Thank you" thread

The Croatian Aeronautical Federation and the Aeromodeling Club “Zaprešić” set a new standard for future FF Championships for on-line reporting. Your timely results, the pictures, videos were the next best thing to actually being there in Croatia for the 2009 World Championships.

Thank you all !!!

Peter Brocks, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
CHE
Posted 24/7/2009 18:18 (#15278 - in reply to #15274)

Allard has said it perfectly, this is a remarkable standard of communication that should be seen as the benchmark for future years events. Results have been fast, accurate and well recieved by those who weren't able to be there in person. All those involved in making this happen have my personal thanks.

CHE - Scotland
Andrzej
Posted 24/7/2009 18:22 (#15279 - in reply to #15274)

I agree with Allard and I think that it’s great idea to show the results in the real time. What can really help us make the bigger development in this glorious sport is the internet. Thanks to all who have shared and published the figures for giving as chance to be witness of ups and downs onboard.

Andy from Warsaw (Poland)
Bogdan
Posted 24/7/2009 18:47 (#15281 - in reply to #15274)

Everything said above can be bought by me, too And there is another aspect - Such excelent organization and prompt information helps creating and maintaing the FF community turning it into somekind of a real brotherhood with ties that will last!
Mike Fantham
Posted 24/7/2009 18:59 (#15282 - in reply to #15281)

Bogdan,

I have also felt part of a world-wide community of Free-Flight as we shared all this wonderful information.

Many thanks to the modellers of Croatia who have made all this possible.

Can someone please ask Andras Ree to thank the organisers and especially the people who have brought us the results, the pictures and the movies, perhaps at the closing ceremony.

Please show him our comments from this thread and ask him to speak on behalf of the international on-line community that has formed here.

I have really appreciated all the hard work that is behind this.

And there is more to come!!!

Regards

Mike Fantham
F1A 1993
Surrey
England
Bogdan
Posted 24/7/2009 19:11 (#15284 - in reply to #15274)

And guys, can you imagine what could be the next step? Maybe live video coverage - and I mean real live video from the field
Simon Dixon
Posted 24/7/2009 22:41 (#15296 - in reply to #15274)

Yes a big thankyou to the organisers, very much enjoyed the results service, chat rooms, brill pics and videos.

Really well done.
Julien
Posted 25/7/2009 11:32 (#15304 - in reply to #15274)

Hi guys !

I think that everything has been said so I just want to add : THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all the organisers and webmasters !

It was so nice to be able to follow these World Championships at home as if I were in the fields !

Julien - F1A - France
Mike Roberts
Posted 25/7/2009 23:15 (#15316 - in reply to #15274)

I too would like to thank all the people involved in organizing, administering and communicating all the event action to those of us "left behind". The timely results, pictures and videos have kept me running back to the computer every few hours...lots of fun and very exciting. Also, my congratulations to the Champions...great flying.

Thank you all.
Heinz Stoffels
Posted 25/7/2009 23:51 (#15317 - in reply to #15274)

Dear friends, congratulation for the very quick transmission of the resaults.

Well done.

Heinz F1B Germany
Richard Blackam
Posted 26/7/2009 11:51 (#15320 - in reply to #15274)
Subject: Re: The "Thank you" thread

New user

Gotta join in and share the love! Sitting here in an Aussie winter, wishing I could be there but at least I can keep up with some of the excitement and surprises thanks to the online results, pics, videos and reports. Thanks from Australia guys!
Ansgar
Posted 26/7/2009 14:30 (#15324 - in reply to #15320)

Hi Richard & Kim,
we missed you here in Croatia very much.
It's was a phantastic World Champs, which the Croatian Freeflight sportsfriends organzied here in Krbavsko polje. With the President of Croatia, Stjepan Mesic in the back as High Patronage , a great flying field ( I would be interest in a list of results of same event on the original planed Bjelopolje field), super organization with high tec on the field ( Chopin & other classic music for dancing with F1A model on the line int eh thermal , celebrated out of hugh loudspeakers, always fresh and cold drinks and beverages , good food , enthustiatic and friendly hosts.
I have only one big issue of criticism:
the starting line was more than 50% of the important flights ( I mean round 4 -7 in windy and thermal conditions and especially in F1B and C, when big advantage for starters at downwind starting pole, when you can wait and observe the front pol flyers and goating this thermal)
After 3 times active, 1 time teammanager, the 2nd time visitor, but this was the best, because I was F1A complete day, in F1B & C coming from Zadar (120km) coming with family, in the morning swimming in the Adria and after looking in Croatian TV the actual position of German team - F1A 4., F1B 1., F1C 2. teamplace as complete result of alle 3 classes I) decides to look the Freeflight Thriller
Heiko Helmbrecht , the German experienced Teammanager take all psycholical resources of his reservoir, so that every teammate gave 50 % more than his best and he form this 9 individual chararcterful flyers to a TEAM, which run, help and feel each other. Nothing can't avoid his plan os Team success. Well done Heiko, go for German freeflight President - yes you can.

keep on Croatians in organzing such TOP Sports event
Ansgar
Tica
Posted 26/7/2009 21:52 (#15325 - in reply to #15274)

Extreme Veteran

Poštovani prijatelji,
danas sam se vrati os Svetskog koje ste organizovali. Ovom prilikom želeo bih da vam izrazim sve čestitke na celokupnoj organizaciji. Takmićenje je u potpunosti prošlo bez i najmanje greške tako da ste opravdali ukazano poverenje. Hvala vam na svemu.
Do skorog viđenje na nekom od narednih takmičenja.
-----
Mića Tica
sony
Posted 28/7/2009 00:33 (#15342 - in reply to #15274)

Expert

I ja bih takođe da čestitam MK Zaprešić ,Vašem savezu i svim modelarima iz RH na izuzetno dobroj organizaciji i uloženom trudu koji zasigurno nije bio mali.
Takođe bih htio da se zahvalim na posebno ukazanoj časti i povjerenju za stavljanje mog imena , među članove FAI žiria.
S obzirom na posao kojim se bavim , umor, i nastupajuče obaveze u mom klubu žao mi je što nisam bio u prilici da možda i malo više pomognem !
Ali ,, Vi ste to obavili savršeno,i prije početka i u tijeku a i po završetku ! Hvala.
Soniboj Sabo
-----

Tica
Posted 28/7/2009 00:40 (#15343 - in reply to #15274)

Extreme Veteran

Ma savršeno.
Slušam,osluškujem,čitam. Eho je izuzetno pozitivan. I bez obzira na to što znam koliko je obaveza,koliko je to veliki posao,znajući neke ljude i njihov pristup svemu što rade,nisam ni sumnjao da će organizacija biti ovakva kakva je bila. Ljudi, hvala vam. Zato vam predlažem, da odma ,bez obzira na umor koji vas je pristigao i verovatno "pomalo i gađjenje",koje je samo posledica umora,ne i zasićenosti,da konkurišete i za naredno,neraspređeno i evropsko i svetsko.

S'poštovanjem
-----
Mića Tica
ramiro_indoor
Posted 28/7/2009 09:48 (#15345 - in reply to #15343)

Thank you a lot about everything, for me this world championship was the first and I think that I will never forget it. Thank you a lot for all the Croatians, the Organizace, timekeepers, helpers, the people of the hotel, for everyone because you made me fell like at home.
I hope I will return as soon as posible to be in other competition.
Best regards and I wish the best for you.
-----
Ramiro
www.f1a-glider.blogspot.com
Leki
Posted 29/7/2009 13:00 (#15362 - in reply to #15345)

Elite Veteran

Many thanks to the all timekeepers. Your job was crucial. Thank you all.

From total of  97 names on the timekeepers list for World championship 66-80 timekeepers take part.

Totally 10 nations (countries) provided timekeepers for championship: Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine. 35 Timekeepers were provided from foreign teams (countries).

All timekeepers were aero modelers, or have been in free flight as parents or children of competitors taking part in timekeeping on many previous free flight competitions in past years. Although some timekeepers look young all of them were competitors from free flight (wish you all great fun and great results at Junior Free Flight European championship next week J) , and as they said it was their great pleasure to see all “big names” and true legend of this sport in the action on flying field.

Personally, from the organizer and in the name of many competitors once again THANK YOU.

HVALA VAM SVIMA.

Robert Leško

Leki

-----
Moja životna filozofija (by Vikac):
Napravio sam avion kojeg pustiš i on leti dok ne padne na zemlju!!!
Javier
Posted 29/7/2009 23:26 (#15369 - in reply to #15274)

I wish also to transmit a big thanks from the spanish team, we enjoyed your excellent organization and of course the nice weather.
Impressive the online coverage............while I was on the way to retreive a teamate F1B just after the 7th round, I got a sms congratulating him for having reach the flyoff.

Javier
Spain
boca55
Posted 30/7/2009 08:34 (#15370 - in reply to #15274)

Veteran

Jos jednom cestitke organizatoru takmicenja na besprekornoj organizaciji i informisanju.